Ok, I made a stupid decision. There were these ice cream-type things in the square today, but they´re made with water. I guess I thought I was invincible. So I tried to fall asleep this evening, only to have my insomnia exacerbated by extreme nausea. I fought it for a while, hoping a change in position would alleviate my stomach upset. But it was not to be. I sat up in bed - one last attempt to force rehabilitation. Ruth asked if I was hot, so I told her my problem. She left to go find me a bucket, but by the time she returned, I had calmy relieved myself of the contents of my digestive system. She thinks it was probably the chicken dinner Rosalyn graciously provided me. I feel bad because she doesn´t work, but she provided 50 pesos for a chicken because I didn´t get a chance to eat, due to the shennanigans described previously. For a frame of reference, I was told today that the average factory worker makes 40 pesos a day. (about 4 dollars american) But I don´t think my problem was the chicken, since it´s long gone and I have already emptied myself 4 more times. I´m expecting a few more times. And my juices are also coming out the other end, making me really wish I hadn´t been so darn stupid today! So it´s 4 am now, and we´re supposed to be up in 4 hours. I have a feeling I´m not going anywhere today. Please pray for me - this really stinks! I´ve already asked forgiveness for being so dumb when I KNOW it´s bad to eat/drink anything that might have their water in it. So I´m repentant, but paying the consequences. I guess God´s making sure I never do that again :) Well, it´s about time for another romp in the bathroom, so I´ll keep you posted.
-c
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm praying that your tummy will feel better soon! That sounds like it really sucks! I know when my tummy gets bad my stepmom suggests a BRAT diet, Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. I also add Tea, because I always think that Tea makes anything better :) It's really bland, but it's something to eat without being to much on your digestive system.
I wonder how often we do that here... where we'll give someone we hardly know a dinner worth more than what me make in a day. Although, maybe to be the same comparison (of feeling the pinch) it would be what we make in a week.
God Bless!
Heidi
'Ola! I'm sorry to hear of your upset tummy! That can make for a very long night. I'm praying that you're feeling better today, and that tonight holds a blissfully restful sleep for you. It's exciting to think of you so far away, spreading the good news! I'm sure you've already been a ray of Son-shine to many, just as here. "Hi!" to Ruth too, and blessings to both of you. See you when you're back! Love, lj~
http://members.shaw.ca/mmmmoxie/
Hey You,
Well it's lunch time and I can't believe how much I wish I was with you rather than here. I hate not being able to help you when you need it. I hope your feeling a little better now. I love you and can't wait till you return.
Jon
PS I have a gift waiting for you here. :)
Post a Comment