Why are single men such dinks sometimes? Why is it that you can meet them and be having a perfectly normal time with them, treating them like you treat everyone else, but as soon as they find out you're married, suddenly they won't even give you the time of day anymore?
??!
My high school english teacher always said that single people of the opposite sex can't be "just friends". We all thought she was touched in the head. Apparently single people can't be friends with married people of the opposite sex either. Why is that? Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me? It's really frustrating because there seems to be a very large segment of the population with whom I'm not allowed to be friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't seem to have that problem anymore probably because I always have a child hanging off me. It's probably that they think hmmm... here's some marriage potential and then they find out your married and they figure what's the point.
Hm...I thought this would be less of a problem *after* marriage. Wouldn't the fact that you're wearing a wedding ring be a dead giveaway as to your marital status...? You'd think. I guess dinks don't necessarily notice these subtleties. :-)
Maybe they think that your husband will come and beat them so they figure they should stay away. =) On a more serious note, maybe they are afraid that it will come across as flirting ...they don't want to give out the wrong impression to others. I think Christina is right too. As for the wedding ring...guys don't seem to notice a ring like a girl does. Maybe we should all sport a bigger ring!! heheheh.
Jenny!!
hmmm, a bigger ring...i like the sounds of that. Except that I would probably gouge myself on it, so maybe not. Maybe I'll just wear a sign on my forehead saying, "yes, I'm quite happily married, so let's get beyond that and just be friends." that might work.
Post a Comment