Saturday, February 27

every good and perfect gift


I just love Ethan. We've talked so many times about how we just love to hear him yawn - he's so loud, it's like he's singing. He's always done like that. I love the way he crawls, hands pattering on the floor. I love the way he gets so excited when I come into the room. I love watching him eat - sometimes he takes a piece of food and almost throws it into his mouth, like he's afraid it'll disappear if he holds onto it too long. I love getting him in the morning and seeing him standing in his crib, grinning. I love nursing him, because when he's done he just lays back and smiles at me, like he is absolutely and completely content. I love how he always checks to see if I'm watching when he's playing, and comes crawling over if I'm not paying attention. I love his giggles when I hold him upside down.

But I know I'm not the first parent to ever fall in love with their kid. If most parents love their kids like I love Ethan, it just blows me away how there can be so incredibly much love in the world! It really is a gift from God.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautifully written Christie.