Wednesday, February 3

on another plane...

In less than 36 hours I will be flying over the States on the way to Managua, Nicaragua! It feels kind of surreal. I'm going with the rest of the pastoral-type staff from church. We're going to be meeting with other church leaders to encourage each other and to find out if there are useful ways that we can have future teams do short trips. It should be interesting, if not a little heavy on the meetings. But there will be food and sun, so I shan't complain!

I'm definitely going to miss Ethan - 8 days is a long time to be away from your 10-month old that you haven't even weaned! But he will be with family, so I'm not worried. Ethan and Jon will be okay. Hopefully I will be too.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have a hard time leaving Addy for an overnight, so I can't imagine how you're feeling. I will be praying for you Christie! You're so brave to follow God's call for you in this.

Ack! Your poor breasts! Are you bringing along your pump? Do you get bad plugged ducts?

Heather said...

Wow, you are so courageous. We'll be praying for you as well and your men at home. I agree make sure you pump.