Turns out he has croup, which is something I thought disappeared in the 60s along with polio and mumps! Guess not. We gave him a little steroid pill to take down the swelling in his trachea and took him for a walk so he could breath some cool misty air (for once this cruddy weather was perfect!) Anyway, he's sleeping now and seems to be breathing mostly ok, although a bit heavy. Poor guy. Poor mommy!
Friday, May 21
barking
Ethan totally scared me today. He woke up from his nap early and was breathing heavily, so I cuddled him for a while, put him back down, and went downstairs. Half an hour later I went back up and he was crying, but quite faintly. I went in and he was lying on his tummy, reaching out with his arms like a parched man reaching for a pool of water. And he was weezing like the air was being sucked out of the room. I scooped him up and brought him downstairs, told Jon to get off the phone and just about started bawling! Thankfully Jon kept his cool and we took him to the medicentre. Poor guy was barking/coughing like a 90-year-old smoker and "talking" like Al Pacino! I'm happy that they got him in to see a doctor right away, instead of having to wait for an hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know! I thought croup was long gone also until Luke got it at 4 months old. Totally scary. Hopefully Ethan won't need any more steroids and will be back to normal as soon as possible. We'll send up some prayers, hang in there!
Oh how scary!!!! Poor little guy. Glad he's got 2 of the best parents in the world looking after him. Give him cuddles for me!
Post a Comment