Wednesday, June 16

doggies

Sometimes I wish I was a lot better at confrontation. For example, there was a lady that came to the playground today that had her pug dog off-leash. There were a couple dozen kids at the playground, most of them under 4 years old. The dog was bounding around everywhere, trying to lick everyone. He came up to Ethan and before I could stop him, the dog had knocked him over, tossed sand in his face, and licked him all over. Ethan was SCREAMING. I shoved the dog out of the way and picked up Ethan. He got over it fairly quickly, but still. There were dozens of kids, some of whom were already scared of dogs and were crying as he was bounding around all over. AND to top it off, the lady was so...out of shape...that she couldn't even chase down the dog to get it back ON the leash. My friend had to grab the dog and bring it back to her. The dog wasn't mean or huge and the lady was apologetic, but still, I wish I had given her a piece of my mind. A playground full of small children is NOT an off-leash park!!

No comments: