It made me realize how fleeting toddlerhood is. Toddlerhood is such a precious time - a time of intense learning, where everyday is a new adventure. The other day we spent an hour in Home Depot, just playing in the cabinets, pretending to paint the floor, and opening all the washing machines. I think he had more fun there than at the playground!
I love my job, and I think that helping children know Jesus is incredibly worthwhile. But I'm glad it's just 2 days a week. I couldn't handle any more away from my swiftly-growing little man. It already makes me choke up thinking that we'll never have these days back. This is what we get, and we have to make the most of it. But I am glad that we don't do it alone: we want to raise a boy, a man of integrity, and so does God. He will help us hold onto the precious times and show us how to appropriately love and discipline him just as He loves and disciplines us. When I am weak, He is strong.
"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scripture, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."
- 2 Timothy 3:14-15

1 comment:
Makes me realize how much impact we have on not only our own kids but for generations to come. So it looks like we may have done something good after all.
Post a Comment