We picked up a free frame for a toddler bed, but are now wondering if it's necessary. It requires a crib-sized mattress, so we'd have to get a second mattress (assuming we have a second child in the time when Ethan's in the toddler bed). How long can a toddler stay in a toddler bed? 1 year? 5? Is it worth buying another mattress, or should we move him straight to a twin size and put it on the ground?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, we've never used a toddler bed but our crib turned into one so I guess we kind of did but as soon as we needed the crib back we just moved them to twin beds. Cassady and Samuel are 18 months apart and Luke and Kaitlin are 20 months apart and we had the babies in our room for the first little bit so around two is when they were in the twin bed without the box spring (closer to the floor in case of falling out)and padding on the floor beside the bed (also in case of falling out). We skipped it because we would have had to buy the toddler bed frame and a mattress that would not have been a longer term investment but you got the toddler bed frame for free so you don't have to account for that in the cost and a crib mattress is cheaper than a twin but I don't know how long they can use it for. I think it depends on weight? I know the crib toddler bed did. If you buy a good twin it will last longer but it will cost you more right now. I don't know if I helped at all!
It probably depends on your kid too. Addy likes to feel secure... she is definitely not claustrophobic!
Post a Comment