Tuesday, January 18

jokes!

Ethan has been SO into books recently. Some days I think that's all he wants to do! We usually read until I get tired of it, then I take a break, and a few minutes later he comes to me with a book in his hand, saying "book? book?" It's fun, but gets a little much when he always picks the same ones! He has this one book that has little things you push out to reveal the animal that's hiding. The first one is a mouse, and the other day when I asked him what it was, he said (rather triumphantly) - "Mommy!" I chuckled and moved onto the next page, which had a frog. This one apparently was "Daddy!" So was the next one. The last one was a chick, which he correctly labeled. Funny thing is, I know he knows what those animals are called, so I think I might consider this Ethan's first joke!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Kids are so darn cute! A bunch of the kids at my church are getting to that talking stage too and it always amazes me. How did they become chatterboxes so fast?