Wednesday, February 9

milestones

Ethan hit a milestone on Monday that I never even realized was a milestone! It used to be that we would ask him about his day, and he would just smile at us.

But on Monday, we were rehashing the day to Daddy and he suddenly said "boat" and "water"...we had gone swimming that morning, and he really liked rocking in the big foam boat.

Then on Tuesday, I asked him what he did (after I got home from work), and he said "Moma!" And yes, his Oma was with him all day.

Today, I was reminding him about a birthday party we went to last week for his buddy, and told him that soon it was going to be his birthday. And out of the blue he shouts "cake!" And of course, we had cake at the party.

I was very surprised because up until now he's shown no indication of remembering events. Of course, he has learned a lot so obviously he's remembering stuff, but now he's able to articulate his memories. Cool!

No comments: