Guess I haven't posted in, oh, 6 months or so! So much has changed, and so much has stayed the same. Oliver started crawling at 7 months, which didn't surprise us much since he was pushing himself around backwards at 3 months. He's a real go-getter. Sitting still is not for this boy! He's almost 9 months now, and he's practicing his solo standing. So far his record is 10 seconds. We get a laugh out of giving him something to hold, which he then stares at very intensely while not even realizing he's standing. Then he looks up and...TIMBER!
Ethan is going crazy with the talking now. In my opinion, he speaks quite clearly, and his vocabulary always surprises me. And the best part is that he's always saying silly things. The other day at supper we were just about to pray when he popped a piece of ravioli in his mouth. He spat it out and announced "Thank you God for HOT food?!!" We tried praying after that but couldn't get much out past the chuckles.
I'm just happy to be a mom these days. We've been tossing around the idea of looking for a bungalow in an older area with a gigantic yard, but I don't think it's going to be happening yet. I need to remember that God wants us to be content with what He's given us. So here's me being content. I love my silly, crazy, tantrum-y 3 year old. I love my smiley, man-on-the-move, currently-screaming-in-his-crib baby. I love my wise, doting, and (dare I say it?) silly-with-the-kids husband. I love my house, even with toys scattered everywhere. I love my little yard with it's 4 kinds of berry bushes. And I love God, who, in his great wisdom and infinite grace, has given me this life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great post Christie, I think you are pretty wise yourself. ;O)
Post a Comment