Tuesday, April 11

and the fun continues...

Luckily the diarrhea went away, but I can´t say as much for this weird flu-like thing I seem to have picked up. I slept for 4 hours this afternoon, and woke up feeling refreshed, with no stomach problems in sight. Unfortunately, 2 hours later, I´m back to the weirdness. No regurgitation yet, but I´m expecting another LONG night. Sigh.

Last night, between one of my 7 trips to the bathroom to empty my fussy stomach, I was reading in Psalms while pining for my wonderful Jon-boy. There´s just something about having someone with you when you´re sick that makes it all seem just a tiny notch better. Fortunately I had Ruth, but she wasn´t much comfort as she was suffering from a severe bout of bowel problems herself. Funny thing is, she´s never experienced sickness like this on a missions trip before. Only on vacations :) So we made a fine pair - me dashing to one bathroom to kneel at the toilet, her jumping up randomly to sit on it. Anyway, back to the Psalms. Why is it that God so often seems give me little tidbits from His Word exactly at the right moment? This time is was Psalm 23 - ¨Yet I am always with you, you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.¨ Sigh. Thanks God. I really needed someone to hold me by my right hand last night, and God was there to do it. It wasn´t a physical presence, but I definitely felt more at peace about puking than I ever have before. It used to be my worst nightmare, but now it´s just a horrible tasting dream. The hard thing is that if this doesn´t go away, I won´t be going to Ahuatitla with the rest of the team. But I think I´m at peace about that even. I´m sure that God has something up his glorious sleeve no matter what! Later all, c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we saw you're very tired hubby tonight at bible study... we're praying that you both will have a good sleep tonight! We all prayed for you at bible study tonight so there's a huge army of prayers coming your way ;) Oh yeah, we talked about our love languages tonight - what's yours? We all thought that it was time - are we right? We'll ask you next week!

Did you ever watch Seinfeld? No yogurt for you!

Jon was telling us tonight that it's an 8 hour drive to the village on a windy road... I know how scared I felt being on the highway in a big bus in Mexico (I can't understand how they can drive so close together!) so we'll be praying that you can make the journey and that it won't bother you. Hopefully you can sleep the whole way!

I guess this is it until you get back on Monday! Take care, God Bless and we love you! (And Jon too - I kinda have a hunch that he misses you!)

Love Heid & Nat