Tuesday, September 13

memory

Apparently I'm back with a vengeance! It's been so long since I've posted and now I just keeping thinking of new things I want to say. It helps that I'm not so exhausted anymore. Pregnancy, toddlers, and newborns can really take it out of you!

So Ethan keeps surprising me with his memory. We ask him every evening what kinds of things he did and it's always interesting to see what he remembers! The other day Jon was talking to him, and Ethan said "french fries". That was what we had for lunch - apparently the most exciting part of the day to this toddler is food!

Today we were at the mall for a bit, and we walked past a set of stairs. Ethan stopped to look at it, and then said "I want to go to [the] library!" Funny thing is, the library hasn't been there for almost a year! I was so surprised that he would remember that he used to go downstairs in the mall to get to the library. Wild.

We also like to test his recall with some books. There are a few books (Oliver Jeffers books in particular) that he can almost recite by this point. Today we were reading "The Paper Bag Princess" (except we call it "the dragon book", haha :), which I don't think we've "tested" him on before. Every time I stopped reading and looked at him, he gave me the next phrase!

One more story - yesterday we walked over to Sobeys, and at the till I realized that I'd left my wallet at home. So we had to make another round trip. This morning, just as we were leaving for the doctor's office, he says "oh no! Wallet Mommy!" Haha. Apparently my folly made a big impression on him. :) Reminds me of last May when I'd lost my keys and we were trying to get to swimming lessons. For days after that, he kept saying "Keys lost Mommy!"

This is probably a normal thing for toddlers, but I love being surprised by him every day!

And just for fun, here's a picture of him holding a bunny with Jon. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

We always knew he was a rather "precocious" child. Now you can NEVER say ANY bad words around him!! Shucks... now I can't either. ;D