Jon just asked me if I am nervous. Right now the woman from my potential job is on her way home to call me. Am I anxious? To be honest, not terribly. I'm excited, but not worried. Someway, somehow, I got to the point where anxiousness became a moot point and trust became paramount. How did it happen? At this moment, I can visualize my life going on two different paths, and me loving them both. Why? Because "the LORD will fulfill his purpose for me." Psalm 138 tells me that. The phone is ringing.
And now, half an hour later, I have been un-officially offered the Children's Ministry Director position! It's pretty incredible to know that this church feels like I would do right by them, that they have confidence in me, even though they don't know me well. AHHHHHH!! A little bit of anxiousness is now trying to get its cold tentacles into my heart. What if I can't get along with the people? What if baptism turns out to be a bigger issue than I thought? What if I can't do it? What if what if what if...but it's too easy to be strangled with 'what if's. I am reminded of a verse I memorized years ago..."do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6, 7) It's the verse that everyone quotes for seemingly every situation, but I think that's going to be my life-verse for the next little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment