Hola! Me llamo Christie y soy de Alberta. Mucho gusto. ¿Cómo está usted? Español es muy dificil! The first person to translate this properly wins a prize.
Do you ever feel like yesterday's cafeteria food? Someone finds you interesting for a day, but after that, you're overrated and smelly, not even worthy of being thrown in the trash...I felt like that last week. Do you ever feel like someone thinks you're denser than a wet sponge? Someone stops communicating with you and thinks you won't notice. Do you ever feel like love (not romantic love, just love in general) causes a lot more pain than joy? It seems like when we love people, we also hurt. The more we love, the more we open ourselves up for pain.
It makes me wonder how God feels. If he by his very nature, is "Love," then he must also feel more pain than any human can ever feel. If I feel hurt by people not communicating with me, how much more pain does he feel? He loves us more than we can ever imagine, yet we constantly ignore him and think he won't notice. Aye, there's the rub. We think God is denser than a wet sponge. I think, "ah, I'll pray tomorrow. I'm not in the mood today. God won't mind. He probably won't even notice. Lot's of other people prayed today." But then I think of how shafted I feel when someone puts me off like that. Can God even feel pain? He must. The prophetic books are filled with God crying out to his people, "why do you keep choosing death? All you have to do is TURN TO ME and I will give you life!" That's a rather loose translation of something in Ezekiel. :) But the point is there. God loves us and wants to be with us. Obviously we don't really value a relationship with him, otherwise we wouldn't act like he's a dufus.
Do I act as if God is as dense as a wet sponge?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think you are saying...
Hello, my name is Christie and I am from Alberta, great to meet you. How are you? Spanish is very difficult.
Bueno trabajo! I hope I did not just insult you with a masculine comment, forgive me if I did, that was always the hardest thing for me. I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post since I think you are mostly talking to yourself, but I will say I really like reading your page, you are a very talented writer and I love how open and honest you are. You are a great person Christie and you are always interesting. :)
Thanks for the comment! Your excellent spanish translation has won you a brand new Porche!! The only problem is, it's still in the lot...and if they ask you to sign something and give them a credit card number, just do it. :)
Post a Comment